.

August 19, 2009

Gunslinger/Outlaw

Okay! So I have actually updated this blog twice. This is an encouraging sign.

This is going to be the first of a few posts on pieces I've made for Conceptart.org's Character of the Week activity. Character of the Week is just what it sounds like - a character design prompt is posted every week. Participants submit their interpretations, and then there is a fight to the death. By which I mean a poll.

I discovered ChoW - as it is affectionately acronymed - back in 2005. I've participated - very - irregularly over the past few years, but this summer I decided to join in every week I could. The results? Some of my favorite work ever.

The first one I did this summer was "The Outlaw" - a grizzled Old West gunslinger, now sliding into old age at the start of the 20th century. Here's the finished painting:


A bit of weirdness going on in the face - I personally think it looks a lot better up close:


Here's a breakdown of the process for this one:


Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment