.

August 20, 2009

Zombie Slayer

This was a fun one! The prompt for this Character of the Week read as follows:
Erica's life was quite fine before, thank-you-very-much. She had just accepted a marriage proposal from her boyfriend, Robert, landed herself a nice job with a nicer paycheck and an apartment downtown.

Now Robert is a flesh-eating zombie, the entire world in in panic and Erica has to fight for survival just to make it day-to-day.

Let's just say, Erica is one angry little lady.

Notes:
- Near future, zombie apocalypse
- Erica is around 30 years old
- Zombie boyfriend is optional. ;]
I had a few false starts with this one. I started out with a loose, then a tight sketch:


First, I tried to paint it, but I started out with a greyscale underpainting that I didn't much care for:


So I tried a color underpainting, which I didn't like either:


Finally, I said to hell with that jazz, and starting digitally inking the sketch. It was time to go comic book style:



The final:

No comments:

Post a Comment